Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Green Car

I am thinking of buying a new car. I drive a 2001 Subaru Forester and absolutely love the car. But I know that sooner or later I will have to get a new one. So what should I get? Of course, I want to go as 'green' as possible. With the new Volt and Leaf coming to the market, the electric cars seem to be a 'greener' choice compared to the hybrids. But is it really? What if my car is actually running on coal? This article got me all worked up! Where is the electricity I am charging my car by really coming from? How much 'greener' is that source of electricity  than the gasoline?

I am going to research this issue further. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. The Mrs. has a Prius for five years now. She loves her car more than me. Says it has more pep and is more responsive as than I am.

    Yes, that's a recommendation.

    dg

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a fantastic job by posting this article it is very interesting keep it up.
    ökostrom vergleich

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Delbert: Thanks! I am still on the fence - Researching...
    Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete